The Facebook “Timeline” layout was introduced to personal accounts some months ago, and has recently begun rolling out to business pages as well.
What does this mean for your business page?
- No more custom landing pages (if you had them). They don’t work any more, and can’t be fixed. They’re gone.
- No more skyscraper image in the left column. Your “avatar”, or icon, must now be square.
That’s the bad news – so what’s new?
- Cover Image. This is the “hero” image at the top of your page. There are some guidelines/restrictions (no calls-to-action, no contact details, copyright requirements etc) but for the most part we can have some fun here. There’s a big opportunity here to make a good first impression.
- Tabs. If you had a lot of applications installed, only 4 of them will appear initially, represented by 4 icons in the lower right of the Cover Image. The first one – Photos – can’t be changed, but the others can. There is opportunity here to leverage these for your branding and marketing.
- Milestones. You can now add important milestones for your business. When were you founded? Think about any other significant milestones in your business.
They are the main changes you need to consider at this point. Check your business Facebook page now. How does it look? What’s that first impression like? Contact us if you need some help getting it up to speed.
Oh, and while you’re here, you should Like us on Facebook!