There’s plenty of advice out there that says you should be blogging. You know you should. But it’s hard work – especially trying to come up with things to blog about, right? After all, you have your business to run.
Content curation can help with that.
Content curation is the process of gathering information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest. Services or people that implement content curation are called curators. Curation services can be used by businesses as well as end users.
So, how do you do it?
Here’s how, in less that 2 minutes.
These are the basic steps.
- Subscribe to industry newsletters
- Set up Google Alerts
- Choose the best/most interesting/most relevant articles that arrive in your inbox
- For each one, start a new post on your blog
- Think of a good headline
- Open with your opinion/take/perspective. This is your voice here. (Very important!)
- Add a relevant quote from the source article
- Make sure you link to it somewhere!
- Promote your post on whatever relevant means you have. Email newsletter? Social media channels?
- Go back to Step 3
Start now. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll get better at it.