How much does a website cost?
One question we get asked is, “how much does a basic website cost?” Or, “How much does a 5 page website cost?”
These are impossible questions to answer:
- Your definition of “basic” might be completely different to someone else’s
- A “page” on a website is not fixed like an A4 printed page. How big is a web page? What functionality is required on that page? (Google is basically a 2 page website!)
Aside from these issues, quoting on “basic” websites or “5 page websites” ignores an important point:
Is it going to pay for itself?
Before we can begin to quote on your website, we need to look at issues such as:
- Who are your customers? (The answer is rarely, if ever, “everyone”)
- What do they want?
- What do you want?
- Why are they visiting your website in the first place?
- What are we going to measure? How do we define a successful visit? What’s the point?
We believe there’s not much point in jumping into a “5 page website” before we at least consider the above. Perhaps you don’t need much, perhaps you do. Until we explore your business, we won’t know.
It’s a bit like a tradesman going and buying a small hatchback for work. It might be a great little car, and inexpensive as well. But how useful will it be? You’d have to agree he’d be better off spending the extra and getting a ute!
So what next?
Let us help you identify what it is that you’re actually selling. What are the expectations of your customers when visiting your website. And what are your expectations of us?
Contact us to make an appointment. Don’t just get a website. Look at the why. Let’s solve some problems.