360 degree photos – now on your own website
Posted on August 19th, 2016 - Jason Foss
You may have started seeing 360 degree photos appearing on Facebook recently.
The tech has been around for a few years, and now with the support of Facebook their popularity is exploding. But why just limit your 360 degree photos to a few hours of life on a Facebook post? We can now embed them on your website!
Here’s an example of an immersive 360 degree “photosphere” – aside form having a full 360 degree view horizontally, you can look up and down:
Some tips for usage
- The circle icon in the lower left toggles between auto-rotating and letting you drag the image around on your own
- The square icon in the lower right switches to full screen
- If you’re on a phone – just move your phone around!
Why would you use this?
- Do you have a retail shop and want to show off your products, without having to take individual photos of each one (like this example taken at Coastal Funk in Yeppoon)?
- Do you have a showroom and would like visitors to get an idea of what it’s like before they call in and visit (hence encouraging them to do so)?
- Do you have accommodation or are you a tourism destination – and want to show off your rooms/facilities to encourage people to book with you?
- Do you have a venue and want to communicate the atmosphere – bring people inside – so they can get a sense of what it’s like?
Trusted by Google
We’re also a trusted Google Street View photographer.
This means we have demonstrated experience in taking 360 degree photos and uploading them appropriately to Google Maps and Google Street View.
Allow people inside your business, virtually, using the familiar Google Street View interface. They don’t need any special hardware or software – it works just like Google Maps.